? about a miscariage

it was a little to early to tell but i thought that i was preg. i have sore breasts, fatige headaches, lower back pain,loss of appettite but no aunt flow. when i got up this morning i had passed some dark brown clots and then a few minutes ago it was flowing like a normal period. dark brown in color mixed with red. i am so worried.
if i was preg i was only about 4 weeks. please help? has anyone gone through this? i am calling my doctors office this morning as soon as they open. thankyou

eva123

Asked by eva123 at 8:40 AM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Is it time for your period?

I know some women have a normal period for a month or so after conception, other can have one their whole 9 months.

Dont count it as a loss yet! I know you are worried I am sorry you are going through this! I too am about 4 weeks pregnant and I was suppose to start my period yesterday and I was actually looking for a bit of brown blood or something..

TRY not to worry until you see your Dr. I know its hard to do.... :( Post us an update on here so we know if you are ok :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:42 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I had a missed miscarriage. I was about 10 weeks when we found out the baby passed at 9 weeks. I had to take a pill to induce the passing of the fetus. I was further along than you but I had severe cramping and a lot a lot of clots. It was nothing like a normal period for me. I'd wait to see your doctor, he will do probably send you in for a blood test.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 8:50 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks. The pain from the cramps was way worse than any period cramps I ever had. Shortly after the cramping I passed a large clot that was half the size as my fist. The doctor can do bloodwork and tell if you are pregnant or if you were pregnant, Good Luck!!
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 8:55 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• it is very very possible it was just your period. dont stress yourself too much. remember that early pregnancy symptoms and period symptoms are basically the same. Unfortunatlely even if it was a misarriage there isnt anything taht can be done. I had a miscarriage when I was about 9 weeks along. and miscarriages that early are actually very very common, most women never have any idea that they were even pregnant. Try not to stress yourself hun. stay positive and go to the doctor if that makes you feel more comfortable =)
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• There are several possibilites. The best one is that you ovulated later than normal and this is just your period showing up. The worst is that you did miscarry. Don't take what I say the wrong way because it's gonna sound harsh, but if you did miscarry it's not that big a deal. It's estimated that about 25% of women miscarry before they even know they're pregnant. Some think it's just a late period. Some women who are TTC and test from the earliest that they can may get a positive result only to get their "period". That's called a chemical pregnancy. The most common reason that women miscarry that early is something chromosomally wrong making it impossible for the baby to develop. It happens. Trust me, I speak from experience, better to lose it now than later.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 11:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• When you miscarry, it will appear as if it was a normal period at first, it usually starts as a light clotting accompanied by cramps, then when you start to get extreme pains and cramps accompanied by the passing of clots, that is all classical symptons of misscarige, Ive unfortunitly had two now. Each time I bled for 7-10 days when my period is normally only 4-5 and it also changed my cycle, good luck and baby dust to you, hope everything works out
    babycakes7168x3

Answer by babycakes7168x3 at 2:43 AM on Jun. 9, 2010