my 10 week old is very alert for her age, what should i do w her all day instead of carryins her in my arms at all times. any fun things to keep her entertained?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pretty soon, if not yet you should just lay down a blanky & let him/her watch you walk around , the play gyms are good for that too , it increases there mobile reflects and eye hand coordination.Black & white toys they see real well!
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 9:58 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Get a sling or wrap to help. YOU are the most entertaining thing. Babies find the ordinary things in life that you do exceedingly entertaining. Remember it is ALL new for them. Even if you find something dull, they don't. Carrying her is the best form of entertainment you can provide. It is like when they get older, you can buy all the fancy doodads you want, but there is nothing more exciting than a tupperware and lid from the cabinet. :)

Other than that, live your life. Take a walk, do the chores, walk the dog, cook dinner, etc. Talk to her about what you are doing. Play with her fit. Kiss her. Sing. Make silly faces. Try to initiate giggles and smiles. But you don't have to bend over backwards.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:55 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Blanket with toys. Go to the park.

I had a fun kitchen draw for my babys, with tuber wear everyone of my kids played in it as cooked.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:03 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Bouncy seat, swing, play "gym", etc. Walks outside are fun, just put her in a stroller and see the sights. Put her down on a blanket and read to her, sing to her, etc. If you don't have any baby gear, craigslist usually has some deals.

Answer by missanc at 10:42 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• The only baby gear you need is a sling or carrier. Invest in a good one. Seats, walkers, ect. are all bad for baby development. If you want to have them and have the money to waste then using them for short times won't hurt. It's easy to over use them. All I every have for my babies and now my grandbaby is a sling and an umbrella stroller for when they are toddlers.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:01 AM on Jun. 8, 2010