How do you keep your cool when your kids (7 and 4) misbehave

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Jun. 8, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Meditate, take a few deep breaths. Remove your self from the incident, tell them you need time out. Go to the bathroom tell your self to calm down, and regroup.

It is so hard at first but eventually, it comes easier, I am not at my easiest point but getting there.

I have 4 kids, and it is taking me longer but I am on way.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:55 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I take a deep breath and count to 10 tomyself. My kids usually hear me, and stop in their tracks! LOL.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:55 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Well first of all,,sometimes You just don't,,, I have yelled at the kiddo before and of course felt bad about it,,but no one is perfect. I leave wherever we are,, and yes that is a pain, but having done it a couple of times,, they are a lot better in public. I seperate at home,, and just count to 10 then go deal with each one seperately,,, No worries momma,,nobody has it together all of the time,, but if your refering wanting to hit them or worse,, maybe some parenting classes would help,, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:00 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• the best thing to do is just take a break and walk away for a little bit. i would hate myself if i did anything to endanger my child or make him feel like trash so i feel the need to walk away and just take a breather. eat some ice cream! ice cream always makes me feel better :-D GL mommy
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 10:02 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• try to remeber what it's like to be a kid, or when you where a kid and and behaved in a like manner, it usualy calms me down and even makes me able to laugh when i should scream...
    daughterofearth

Answer by daughterofearth at 5:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2010