Doctor

I go to an OBGYN that has a rotation of doctors you have to see because you don't know which one will deliver the baby. However, there is one doctor that I am just not comfortable with. Would I be picky or rude if I asked to change my appointment to see a different doctor? Should I tell them why? Thanks!

jll1484

Asked by jll1484 at 9:56 AM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it is your body, you should request an appt with "dr x" no reason needed
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• i have the same kind of place but I still only request 1 doctor I like and don't see the rest.. if I have to see them when I deliver then so be it but not for know.. lol
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 10:04 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• You can find out what day the doctor is off and schedule your appointments accordingly....I would talk to the doctor you are most comfortable about delivery,, but if the doctor you don't care for is on call there may not be a choice when labor arrives. I would tell you to find a new group,, but in my experience this is how most practices operate these days,, and what if you got in a clinic with 2 or 3 that made you feel uncomfortable? Some people just don't gel well, and I doubt the doctor is incapable,, just not your "flavor". Hopefully, you can make your appointments on the day off,,,,and hope for the best,, you have no idea who is friends wth who,, and the last thing you want is a resentful doc helping you with labor,, Good luck! Boy or girl?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:05 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• ditto with peanutsmommy1 - no reason needed - I had a similar issue with my OB pratice I go to - the only male in the group was also a close neighbor and good friend - I told my main doctor about it and I was never scheduled with him and I was lucky enough to deliver when my main doctor was on call. If it was him, well what could you do. :o)
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 10:25 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Yes you can. Call and make the apt with another one of the Dr.s that you do like.. With my OB office I did not like one of the doctors, he treated me like shit. When I went into labor guess who was on call and walked in my room. I stood up and said "that man will not deliver my child".. He walked out the room and about 30 minutes later the midwife from his office walked in and delivered our oldest. It is still your right no matter who is on call.

That Dr and I got along very well for my other two pregnancies, he was just an ass LOL..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:35 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Thanks for the advice. I don't want to make enemies, but I am a bit chubby and everything and anything she talked about was about my weight. While I realize how my weight can play an important factor, she almost made me feel ashamed to feel pregnant. I haven't been REALLY excited like a lot of expecting mothers are because I feel ashamed. KIMIGOGO - It is a boy.
    I just don't want to feel bad about it. So far everything has been okay. I am 25 weeks along.
    jll1484

Answer by jll1484 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2010