• In the Spotlight:

abstinence

I would really like to start a program that promotes abstinence. I know alot of people may not agree or think its realistic. But I believe with all of my heart that we would save alot of our daughters and sons from std unwanted pregnancies that sometimes lead to abortions and the emotionally effects of having sex before marriage. Well anyway does anyone have any suggestions of how to start?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Health

• where do you want to start this program? at your church, school....?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• anywhere they will have me but im think my church would be the starting point.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Check on the internet, go to a local facility that can maybe give you some tips.

I believe a child will make alot of mistakes and if you have it in you.

Go for it!!! I think it is very hard to stop kids from having sex but if you can get too one kid or 3 kids that is a huge success. I wish you the best of luck!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• i think it sounds like a great idea. I wouldnt know where to start. You could ask at schools but you would probably have to get approval, a church would be best..idk where else
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:13 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• There are a lot of programs like that. Just google and see if there is one in your area. Most are through churches and schools.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I abstained as an adult for 15 yrs after my divorce so it's realistic and do-able.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• on top of teaching that, please teach about protection too! i cannot tell you how many grown freaking men (21-26 years old) believe that BC pills/condoms are 100% effective, or the pullout method is also 100% effective... or depending on the age you go to- some little kids (10-14) believe that if you have sex standing up, the girl wont get pregnant.
    Anonymous