Painting

I told my daughter I would paint her room, just one wall. I have the paint and everything. My question is that I am pregnant and I wasn't sure if that was an ok thing to do. She has two windows I could open and the wall is small but it may need a few layers of paint. do you think its safe? I think I am about 10 weeks. I haven't gone to the DR yet to know for sure.

Savymom25

Asked by Savymom25 at 10:15 AM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If i were you, i'd atleast wait until your out of your first trimester, and then as long as it well ventilated you shouldn't have a problem. And if you start to feel the affects of the paint fumes, leave right away and give yourself a break. And they do sell low fume paint that is safer to use. Good luck.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 10:19 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I would wait until your first doctors appointment. I had my first doctors appointment when I was 9 weeks pregnant with this 2nd baby and she told me it was fine to color my hair, and paint, and everything else. So as long as your not high risk I think you should be fine as long as the room is well ventilated. But if you feel more comfortable, wait until your doctors appointment and just ask. Or call your doctor and ask...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Jun. 8, 2010