Need Budget friendly Dinner & Lunch Ideas That the whole Family will eat?

Having a tuff month w/ the new car. Would like to find some budget friendly ideas for dinner and lunch that everyone will eat.

We do not like tofu or fish. Shrimp is fine.

Please let me know whats good but cheap. Im finding somethings online, but not to much.

HANNAHSMOMMY25

Asked by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• stir fry is cheap
    bag of frozen veggies..whatever your in the mood for, cooked beef or chicken in chunks or strips actually what works is cook a roast or chicken one night and the next night use the left over meat in the stir fry!
    cook veggies in a small amount of oil until cooked but not overcooked add meat add minced garlic, dashes of soy sauce and worchestershire sauce and then add 2 cups off rice and 2 cups of water, simmer for 20 minutes with the lid on.
    I always make enough meat to have left overs.
    Also buy only what is on sale look at the store add and put your meals together with what is on sale.
    I always find if I buy stuff from just the meat,produce,and dairy sections I spend less and get more. I also buy frozen veggies rather then can because it is cheaper. I also make huge casseroles that can last a few days and dont cost much let me know if you want any recipes.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• there's this good zucchini and squash chicken recipe that i got off of foodnetwork. it's pretty good. u just spend like 3 or 4 dollars on the zucchini and squash, whatever price u pay for ur chicken, and a dollar for a can of tomato soup. :-D ching ching!
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 10:50 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• spagetti, other pasta dishes, breakfast for dinner, chicken and noodle soup w/bread, french bread pizza, chicken and rice, stir fry (frozen veggies w/soy sauce and rice), baked potatos, sloppy joes...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• To The First Anonymous person- We do almost all of those things you say beside the baked potato. :)
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Answer by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 10:54 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Since your family likes Shrimp try this very cheap.....

1 bag of peeled and deveined shrimp (frozen) (uncooked)
    1 tablespoon of butter or margarine (whatever you like)
    pinch of garlic salt
    2 or more frozen fetunnie Alfredo dinners (.99 each)
    Cooked the shrimp in a large skillet with the melted butter for about 7 minutes while they are cooking you can add your frozen dinners in the microwave for about 3 minutes and once the microwave dinners finish you can either add the frozen dinner in the same pan as the cooked shrimp and stir both together for about 2 minutes making sure that all the shrimp is cover in the Alfredo sauce add some vegetables (broccoli) and enjoy. This meal is under 15 bucks.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• hot dogs or chilli dogs, frozen or homemade pizza, grtilled cheese and soup, tacos, taco salad, mexican casserole, chicken and cheese crepes, quiche, pot pies
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• i have a good one it lazanya rolled up with ricotta chees and spinach... all you need is a pkg of lazanya noodels 2$ ricotta chees found in the sour cream area 2$ canned sauce 2$ and spiach 2$ and if you like cheese over them and some breadsticks. what you do is boils the noodels when they are done you lay them flat spred ricotta cheese and spinach then roll put them in a baking pan pour the tomato sauce over then the cheese i can usally get 6-9 of them one fills me up. all for around 10-12 $ oh and i seazon my sauce just cause i like to.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 12:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Shepard's pie
    Mac&Cheese or Pasta with veggies in it
    Taco Salad
    Noodles and sauce with garlic bread
    Marshallsmom422

Answer by Marshallsmom422 at 4:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• how do you make sheperds pie??
    Kiki_pie1979

Answer by Kiki_pie1979 at 5:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I have to admit i don't know how to make honest to goodness shep's pie, but my family flips for my version (from an old Woman's World mag), tweaked a bit with ground beef, tomato paste and tomatoes, corn, and topped with mashed potatoes (to be even quicker you can use instant or frozen Ore-Ida mashed or even leftovers) and cheddar cheese. It's a crowd pleaser with kids, trust me. And husbands. Good luck.
    mrswademom3

Answer by mrswademom3 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2010