Does your child pee in the bed? My 8 year old still pees in the bed and has started peeing in the corner in his room! He says he is doing it because he feels like it!

I have addressed it every way I can and he just keeps doing it. At first he said it was because he is scared of the dark and too scared to go to the bath room so we made sure there were lots of lights and it didn't help. And then he just went in the corner after school instead of the bathroom. When I asked him why he said it was because he felt like it! Anyone else having a problem like this? He is old enough to know better and I am lost! He never gets in trouble in school and he makes good grades I talked to him and asked them if he was having any problems at school with other kids or teachers and he says no. That he just felt like doing it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jun. 8, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i think i would just feel like beating his ass then
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Urinating in a corner isn't an accident, he's doing this on purpose. Have you tried making him scrub the pee off of everything and clean his own clothes when he does this?

-xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 11:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• No, my kids don't pee in the bed and haven't in years. If he is peeing in the corner of his room, he should have to clean it up and privileges should be taken away until he stops. If it were my kids, they wouldn't be going anywhere, doing anything, etc. until it stopped. He is old enough to know better!

Answer by missanc at 11:10 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

LOL!! Sorry, but that's seriously the 1st thing that popped into my head as well. There's just no excuse for an 8 year old urinating on things in the house.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• make him clean up his mess every time. he's not a kid anymore (meaning not a toddler to make these ''accidents'') ..
    he's doing fine at school , is well-fed, loved, and taken care of at home too so its not neglection which is making him do this.
    be a little stern with him and make him clean up the little gifts he leaves at the corner of his room for u. bed wetting is still acceptable as some children dont have control over that. but this is not !!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Put a bucket or something in the corner and ask him to go in that if he wants to go in the corner.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:22 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

are you serious? 8 yr olds go in the toilet. I can understand having an accident in the bed but getting up and going in the corner is no accident. He can just as easily walk to the toilet.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Yes I am serious. Why add drama when you don't need to. Yes he can easily go to the toilet but for some reason he wants to go to the toilet in his room. Instead of fighting it I would just let him do it as long as he isn't going on the floor.. this want to go in the bedroom will pass and I won't have fought with my son over it.

Kids like doing things...regardless of how bizarre it may be a bucket stops it getting messy and also lets your son get it out of their system.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:35 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Sorry but at 8 and no other issues, I am with shay and then make him clean it up... Putting a bucket in the corner is useless.. It teaches him to do what he wants, when he wants and mommy will cater to him.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:41 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Sounds like a serious issue. Either discipline him properly or take him to the doctor. Either way, step up and HANDLE IT.
    Anonymous