Pegan shows?

Just curious here. Are there any on television? I have not seen any but always see the "faith" channel and mostly followers of the Christ religion. Would it cause a controversy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I know of a Pagan radio show (Murphy's Magick Mess Sundays 9-11am on KZUM www.kzum.org) and a few pod casts...

...but I don't think this Puritanical Nation is ready for a mainstream Pagan TV show. Public Access, maybe...
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Like MamaK said there are webcasts and radio but nothing on tv. And its spelled Pagan. ;)
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:51 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• lol a typo haha I am sure
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Nope, none on tv Ive seen although I told my husband we should do one LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• There are more christian programs than I have fingers and toes to count. I would love to watch a religions Pagan show. I'm sure that it would cause a controversy. The Christian Coalition would probably have the program shut down after the first or second broadcast. I would love to be a part of such a program!
    booboosarahkity

Answer by booboosarahkity at 3:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• yeah eh? whats with those christians getting all the airtime while us earthy people feel the need to hide our faith? would be totaly cool.
    daughterofearth

Answer by daughterofearth at 4:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I think the others cover it well. But you could if you wanted to count shows like Charmed, Buffy & Angel Pagan in theory... Although none of them are still on... There are also the occasional special on the History Channel or PBS...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• There are so many misconceptions about Pagans and their faith and Hollywood has never helped the matter. Christians do believe in 'spreading the word' in attempts to convert more people to thier religion. While a great many Pagans believe in 'To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Keep Silent". You would never see a Pagan knocking on someone's door asking 'Do you know your Goddess?' Just different tack for different beliefs. Thus an realistic show concerning Pagans,I believe, is a long way off.
    aviv2762

Answer by aviv2762 at 2:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• No, as far as I know, there are no Pegan shows on TV. My family isn't participating in any reality shows yet. Thanks heavens. Oh,, wait a minute...did you mean PAGAN?

Listen, lady, learn to spell. And stop humiliating me and my family by disgracing our surname, which is Scottish in origin. We are not PAGANs we are Pegans! And we are getting tired of people like you who can't spell, and use our surname, Pegan, when you mean godless pagans. Go back to grade school and pay attention in spelling class.
    JustaHoosier

Answer by JustaHoosier at 12:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2010