I wanna go cicago cuz there is my aunt and she wants me to visitfor a few days.but my hubby does not allow me to go cuz he says I am not co ordinated I have to change my habbits he doesnt trust me I would be lost....but that is not true cuz fisrst of all it is a non stop flight and I know i won`nt have any problem

I am new in U.S but I can speak english .......

He says it would be difficult for me to travel with my 2 yr old ...but I know I can handle her and it is only 1 hr flight .....besides she is very nice baby ..i don`nt know how to talk to him give the process to talk to him in a convinsing way......from your experinence

asatyal

Asked by asatyal at 11:41 AM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Is there a way your husband could go with you to Chicago? If he objects to you going because you would be travelling alone, could your Aunt come and get you (either drive or fly) and you travel to chicago with her? I hope everything works out and you get to go!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:51 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I think he is being a control freak. What country are you from? If my DH said this to me, i would be very upset. Don't allow your DH to control you like this. He has no right to keep you from your family!!!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:52 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• He knows you better than we do. Quit being a baby about this and plan a trip with him or have your aunt visit your home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• He's trying to protect you not punish you. Have your aunt come visit you.
    Anonymous

• I would just ask him what would make him more comfortable. Tell him you really want to go and let him talk to you aunt if he wants to souble check the flight info. I is one thing if he is just looking out for you but he shouldnt tell you that you cant go somewhere. You can travel there no problem. Just lay it all out for him..show him your schedule and tell him you want to try it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• you tell him "how can i prove i am able to do things myself if you never give me a chance to show you?" have your aunt meet you at the airport, if she's from chicago then of course you wont get lost, i had a now EX fiance who insited on going everywhere with me, even coffee with the girls, i drew the line when he he had a fit over me goinginto the city an hour from our town to meet my sisters for lunch. that was that. and remember, your here now, we have rights. oh yeah baby.
    daughterofearth

Answer by daughterofearth at 4:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Chicago is a perfectly safe place for a woman to travel to alone. I live in Chicago. Send me a message offlist if you have any questions.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2010