BUBBLE BATHS WHILE PREGNANT

IS IT BAD TO TAKE BUBBLE BATHS WHILE UR PREGNANT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• How To Take a Bath When Pregnant | eHow.com
    Light a candle or add some bubble bath. Avoid getting uncomfortably hot. ... Steer completely clear of hot tubs while you're pregnant. ...
    www.ehow.com/how_4337_bath-pregnant.html -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• No, it's definatley not bad. I think the main concerns are the temperature of the water and an increased risk of getting a UTI. It's treatable with meds though. Don't worry and have a good night relaxing!!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• it's not bad at all. My doctor actually told me to take a bubble bath with unscented bath products to help me relax but the scents and all the extras in scented bubble bath products can cause discharge and infections. Just dont take one every night..2-3 times a week is okay tho.
    danyelle718

Answer by danyelle718 at 7:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• It's not bad. However, I found out one thing the hard way...if you take too many bubble baths (or baths with those bath salts) it can dry out your lady-bits really badly when you're pregnant. I actually was getting tears inside my outer labia because of it :(. But occasionally is no big deal
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• i read about it and the only time u should be concerned is after 38ish weeks when you're dialated (or lost ur mucus plug) because you don't want to be more likely to get an infection.
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 7:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I always did....My kids are perfectly fine.
    Sunnysidemama

Answer by Sunnysidemama at 10:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Its bad to take a tub bath anytime. The dirt from your body can creep into your vagina and thats how you catch infections and other stuff.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 1:09 AM on Jun. 28, 2008