I am suppose to be 28cm and am 34cm?

This is my first child so please bear with me if i ask something i should know. I am 28 weeks and went to the doctor yestroday and when they measured me they said i was suppose to be 28cm but i was 34cm. They didn't say much about it accept they scheduled a ultrasound and said he just be long or have fluid around him but they didn't want to spectulate and have me worry. So now i am worried has anyone else been through something like this? Is it anthing to worry about or am i worring for nothing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I measured ahead of schedule throughout my pregnancy, and had a 100% healthy pregnancy and a 7.5 lb baby. No problems. They are just doing a U/S to make sure, and just like they said, don't worry about it.
    Anonymous

• Dont stress over it.. I always measure ahead in my pregnancies.. There are a number of things that it could be.. Big baby for 1 (at my 36wk u/s my baby was measuring 7lbs15oz already, and after 36wks they are said to gain about 1/2lb per wk) There could also just be extra fluid which would make your tummy bigger.. Wait for the u/s- probably nothing!
    Good luck and congrats!
    mommyto3rugrats

Answer by mommyto3rugrats at 2:50 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• measuring the uterus is not an exact science. sometimes your fluid can have a growth spurt, and by your next visit could be back to normal. i had a twin pregnancy that measured big, and my last pregnancy i measured small for a few weeks, but still had an 8 pound healthy baby. baby position and pelvic position can change the measurement too.
    congratulations on your baby!
    and try very hard not to worry mama!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I always measured large. From 14 weeks on. First it was days on ultrasounds, and then weeks on centimeters and ultrasounds. I had polyhydramnios (extra water). And my son wasnt exactly small. (8lb 8oz born at 39 weeks). Thgey will do the ultrasound to see why, and if you have too much water, they will re do the anatomy scan again to make sure babies swallowing mechanisms, and kidneys are functioning ok. My son was just fine :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2010