is wet, clear discharge an early pg symptom?

I'm wondering because I keep thinking AF is here because I have all this discharge, I keep going to the bathroom expecting blood but it's clear! I have sore breasts and have for 3 days, I'm 2 days late, test is negative... Has anyone heard of an increase in discharge in early pregnancy? Or does anyone get this right before AF comes? I don't recall getting this (or the tender breasts) right before AF, but I must say, this is the first time I've really paid that much attention. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Thats what happened to me right before my BFP!
    Anonymous

• I'm pregnant with #4 and this happened to me EVERY time: VERY sore breasts, cramping for days like AF was coming and clear kind of stringy discharge.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• No, Cervical mucous is only an indicator of fertility or infection. It is not reliable to indicate pregnancy.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Sounds like you can be ovulating (clear egg white discharge)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• OP here -- Thanks for your input. This is day 27 of my cycle and I made a half-hearted attempt at temping starting with day 10 (but I'm missing a lot of temps). Not surprisingly, my chart is inconclusive... there's something that looks like it could be ovulation around day 12 (which is when I ovulated before my first pregnancy when I was charting), another jump around day 21 (the day after having unprotected sex, thinking we were long since in the clear of ovulation, yikes!) and then my temps have stayed pretty high since then... Sex only twice the whole cycle, day 7 (condom) and day 21, with knowing I usually ovulate around day 12. So pregnancy seems pretty unlikely! But this discharge is throwing me for a loop. Most of the time it's been pretty watery, clear, but just a minute ago I got some that looked like eggwhite, then some cloudy stuff... I'm stumped. We were going to start trying in August!
    Anonymous

• I've noticed *fertile* signs the day before I get my period. EW fluid (however, there's sometimes a tiny red streak in it), SHOW cervix, but my temps usually drop the day before or the day I start my period.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 11:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2010