what can i feed my 8 month old son?

ok so my son has been eating baby food since he was 4months old and he is just not interested in it any more he is always taking his brothers food like chicken nuggets and noodles and anything anyone will share with him! its like he likes to chew on everything and baby food is not doin it for him. should i just start table food?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, of course. Real veggies and fruits and grains and some lean meat.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Baby food is never necessary. Give table foods of fruit and veggies. Samples of what you eat is fine! I'd put off meat for a while though. Avoid processed foods like nuggets, fish sticks, hot dog etc. Pasta is okay in small amouts but focus on fruit/ veggie.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Sure. All 4 of my kids went to table food by 8 months. As long as it's small, healthy, and somewhat soft, he's fine.

Answer by missanc at 12:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• anytime they are comfortable eating it, you should relax!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Mine loves Avocados, bananas, watermelon, all melons, grilled chicken, green beans, diced carrots, mandarin oranges, yogurt, string cheese All of these cut up into tiny baby sized pieces. Oh and the occasional french fry sends her into a fit of Ecstasy.

Oh and mashed sweet and regualr potatoes!

chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 3:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Sure let him have all the "real" food he wants. Be careful w/ cow's milk, eggs, honey
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Yup. My doc tole me that once he started refusing baby food (it was 7 months for mine) that he could have anything that he could manage except honey or peanut products or straight milk :) Go for it :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:41 AM on Jun. 9, 2010