In 2 weeks I'm turning 40, looking for ideas???

On June 22, I will be hitting the big 4-0. Unlike friends that hit the same milestone, I am excited. We are trying to decide how to celebrate. We are having dinner with the kids the day before... it falls on a Tuesday, not sure if hubby and I want to do something just the 2 of us since we haven't had time alone in the 7 years we have been together or should we celebrate with friends??? Any ideas?? Grandma and Grandpa are taking the kids overnight.... I want to do something memorable but the catch is, I am wheelchair bound due to a severe auto accident three years ago. Please help me with ideas..... Thank you so much!!!!

bcauseimthemom

Asked by bcauseimthemom at 12:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Congratulations and happy birthday!
    I enjoyed turning 40, too! :)

Gosh, I'm such a homebody that I don't really have any ideas. It should be your husband asking for advice of what to do for you...lol.
    Perhaps you two can take a nice drive someplace away from the city and homes, enjoy stargazing (he can bring a camp chair) while you both hold hands, bring a small evening snack, and just spend time with each other as you contemplate on the next 40 years ahead of you filled with so many blessings and much happiness.

I wish you all the best!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Go to the beach (it's summer, for some reason I keep thinking about the beach, haha), get a facial, a spa day, I will be living it up on my 40th!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• The beach would be heavenly but my wheelchair is not sand friendly......
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 1:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Find a sitter for the kids over night and host an adults-only grill out and then enjoy some alone time with your husband after the guests leave.
    MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 2:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• When I turned 40 my spouse threatened to trade me in for two twenty year olds
    Anonymous

• Relax. Go to the mountains. Sit in a porch chair and just experience nature around you. Read a good book.

Or

Have a huge cook out, sing kareoke and get slammed drunk.

Both are fun.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:43 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I went out of town and had a great time....
    bcauseimthemom

Comment by bcauseimthemom (original poster) at 2:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010