Should I stay out of it or not?

OK well here;s the thing. I was just on the phone with my mom. She was fightinh with my 16 year old brother. She told him when he comes home tonight not to bring any friends with him and he said no! Right now just no, he's bringing his friend or he's not coming home. Now I was not that great of a teenager myself but I did not do that! At 16 I had a job I was helping my mom with bills, yeah I'd stay out late most of the time but my mom always I mean ALWAYS knew where i was and who I was with! When she said come home I came home, when she said no friends over I was alone. I;m honestly heartbroken that my mom is going through this all on her own. My brothers father is a POS and hasn't even spoken to my brother in months, hasn't done a damn thing. My mom called him after spending close to 300 bucks for new school clothes and a cell phone for my brother(he walks to school and my mom wanted him to have a phone just in case) CONT>>>

delilahsmom1177

Asked by delilahsmom1177 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Well that POS said I have bills to pay like my mom doesn't! I want to help so bad but i don't want to make it worse. I know I have posted questions about my mom but I do love her and wish I could help because maybe is he didn't stress her so much her and I could do things and have a nice relationship! HELP!!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• She needs to practice tough love. If he shows up with friends then she needs to lock him out. Is he on drugs? Or just disrespectful?
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Orions, I have no idea but he may smoke pot. But still he is rude and he is saying his friend is scared to go home and has said something but his dad doesn't want him back or whatever so he's a troubled kid and his family doesn't help and this kid likes my mom and feels safe at my mom's house so I guess my brother feels obligated. My mom just said if he would have explained then it would have been different!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• First off I'd make sure the POS paid child support so mom didn't have to ask for anything. I'm sure your mom is fine handling this on her own. I know I wouldn't want my dd interfering with me dealing with my son. It would devalue my authority. Care but don't interfere.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:02 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• ad, my mom just went to court lol. Well I did talk to my brother just asking what was up nicly and calmly. He then spoke with my mom nicly and calmly so everything is OK for now. But thank you very much for you opinion I do apprecate it!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Hun, I know your heart is in the right place and you want to make it easier on your mom, what I would do is talk in person with your brother, explain to him what a strain his actions are causing your mom, and let her deal with him. He won't be a teen for much longer and things will ease up for that much wanted time you want with mom.

Answer by older at 1:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• i'd pull lil bro to the side and tell him to act right or i was gonna beat his ass. i've been down a road that they do NOT want to go down- and honestly, with how your lil bro sounds, he's gonna end up badly before he gets better. he needs to control his anger and needs to be able to calmly explain himself without going on a temper tantrum.

you/your mom also has to understand where he's coming from tho too. if his dad is a POS, i'm doubting that there's a father figure at home... is there anymore kids there? he might be trying to take the place of the man of the house. not standing up for your bro, but he's about to become a man, but he's still just a teenage boy- no idea WHERE he stands. he wants to rule the house, but since he's so young, he doesnt understand how yet.. patience and understanding goes a LONG way. he'll learn that one day, but the best/fastest way is if he's shown by example
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 1:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2010