What do you send your husband when they are deployed?

If you aren't in the military ideas are still welcome. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Magazines. They like to read any of them actually. If you bake anything, wrap it in wax paper first, tightly. Then foil, tightly. Then put it in a ziplock bag. Ask about the holiday stuff first, it might bother them. My hubby didn't want any of that. It would have made him more depressed, so I didn't send it. Their laundry will NOT smell the same, so every now and then send something small washed from home. Like a pillow case. Pictures, even though you can email them. OH, condiments! They didn't have actual ketchup where my hubby was! And he had me send a salt grinder for one of the guys. They can get pretty much anything there, unless they are at a remote FOB, but they love to get packages, so send personal care items anyway. Those flat rate boxes are GREAT! And they are like 2 bucks cheaper to send over there then stateside. Some guys like the hand warmers. Can't think of anything else though.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Whatever I know he likes. I sent my dd's bf cheezits, beef jerky and green m&m's.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• junk food, pictures, texted pictures of the kids, letters, you can go to colorarmy.com they have themed care package ideas on there and cute little things to put on myspace
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:03 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• We would send books, games, cds, pistachios, snack food, all sorts of stuff to my brother when he was deployed- pretty much whatever my mom could fit into one of those medium size flat rate boxes would go. Once or twice he got a cd with pictures of my daughter (his first and only niece) and I think he got a home video or two on the cd as well. Letters went a lot of the time too; he liked the letters because he didn't always have access to the internet for email. He got holiday stuff around the different holidays; one year my mom sent him a miniature tree and Christmas ornaments from the family so he could have a little Christmas celebration of his own.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 1:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Ha ha! Green M&M's are THE best!!!
    Raine2001