Bet you can't top the bonehead thing we did!

We're painting our son's room. I stuck one of those things on the knob that prevents kids from escaping.I didn't want him going in there before it was dry.So,I'm painting the door and stupid me,I push it closed and locked us both in the room! I considered shimmying out the tiny window,but all the doors are locked and i don't have a spare key stashed. We tried to remove the hinges,but 1 wouldn't budge! We ended up tearing the door off! Thank God for those cheap ass interior doors! Amazingly we did no damage to the moulding or wall! So,can you beat that?!!?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• WE CAME HOME LATE ONCE AND HAD LOCKED ALL THE KEYS IN THE HOUSE SO WE HAD TO PUSH THE WINDOW UNIT IN ....WE HAD JUST NICELY PUT IT A FEW DAYS EARLIER .....AND WE COULDNT FIND THE CAT ...HE HAD JUMPED IN A DRAWER AND I CLOSED HIM IN THERE ....IT WAS A LONG NIGHT LOL !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• LMBO!! Nope..can't beat that one! Bet it made for a great laugh AFTER the fact,LOL.
    Glad you got out okay!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Couldn't you figure out how to turn the knob with it on? I always could. You didn't have to remove the door....LOLOLOL.
    Anonymous

• The thing was on the outside,not inside!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• The privacy lock on this door was on the outside of the door,weird knob.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• LOL....I understand now how you couldn't get out now that you explained....what fun that must have been! LOL
    Did the room turn out nice at least?

I can't think of anything I've done lately and my DD told me we do bonehead things all the time...lol...so perhaps my days are filled with bonehead things that they just seem normal now....hehehe.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:03 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• lol I've never done that but I locked myself out the house and had to climb up my balcony to get back in lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• yes,the room turned out nice,its a khaki color

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2010