Anyone else tires of the PA bashing?

Sorry we don't make as much money as the rest of you rich people on here. We just need a little help to make ends meet. Not everyone is taking advantage of the system! I had to quit working 6 months ago b/c we got pregnant and we ended up having to go on medicaid and fs. I think everyone should just grow up and stop all this bashing. It's childish drama!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• This site is FULL of Selfish,immature,ruthless,unkind,heartless,know it all syndrome mothers.They have no compassion for others.They are the horses with blinders on and will forever be that way.Sad but true.
    They are DUMB to think that
    1.Birth control never fails.
    2.every mom is on pa because she is a SAHM
    3.They dont realize what works for them doesnt work for most.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 2:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• BTW if I continued to work I would be paying $400 a week in childcare, cant afford that.
    Anonymous

• So you are willing to sit home while I pay for you and your child. Get off your dead butt and support yourself.
    Anonymous

• So who forced you to have unprotected sex so you got pregnant? And who forced you to not have a responsible plan of how to support your own family... like the rest of us did. I understand some families go through hard times, but its people like you that give public assistance a bad name. I'm tired of supporting everyone else while my family goes without.
    Anonymous

• See, I don't understand your way of thinking Hon. Why did you have more children? I do think it's very selfish of you. I see families of professionals, like Dr's. They have one or two children, because they want to be able to provide their children everything, including a good education.... SEE THAT IS SMART. You're way of thinking is sad... pathetic and a BIG EXCUSE. Grow up and realize, it's not about your wants.... YOU CANNOT AFFORD MORE CHILDREN... this is what we are trying to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

• Because I kind of feel, as a responsible, working mother, that your way is a slap in the face to us, who make an honest living.
    Anonymous

• I don't see anything wrong with PA if you truly need it. It is there to help people up. And, no, not everyone abuses the system, but there are enough of them out there who do and they raise their kids to do it too. My mom was telling me about something she watched where a woman was refusing to leave her government issued home because they were wanting to tear it down and build nicer homes. She had only ever worked 1yr in her 40+yrs of life; claimed she was proud of that 1yr but she would never do it again because it was too hard. She also told people that just because we pay for her food, clothing, and home we don't have the right to tell her what to do.

When my BIL and his wife moved to the area, they got on food stamps. When he got a job, they complained because the amount they got each month got cut. And they weren't spending the money on real food, but junk food; skittles, ice cream, peanut butter bars, chips, soda.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 2:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• People who don't take advantage of PA are not rich. They plan ahead, stick to a budget, do without to save money for just in case. People who sit on their butts and make up excuses for laziness are asking to be bashed by those of us who work hard.
    Anonymous

• Maybe your SO should grow up and get a second job while you sit home.
    Anonymous

• I don't care of the bashing, because I understand everyone has rough spots, etc. Thankfully, as an adult, I've never had to use FS. (Although we do WIC for 3 months and Medicaid for MY SON for 2 months: That was it on the PA front for us as adults). Growing-up most of my childhood we were on FS, but that really was because my mom divorce her abusive-alcoholic husband and had 4 children from that abusive-alcoholic husband that she had to raise. She worked 3 jobs, but it still wasn't enough to get us of of PA (FS and Medicaid). When she married my adopted dad, we were no longer on any form of PA. We did not live w/him until they got married. I get flustered when I see people on PA that have newer cars then me, cell phones (before cell phones became mainstream), and all the rest. Those bug me even today! Sometimes I wonder how is it someone PA can "afford" to have Internet? Cable? For me I would cut those things before getting...
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2010