Hey skinny girls...

I just wanted to ask the thin women out there for a favor. Those of you who have been consistently a healthy weight throughout your lives, tell me what you eat in a typical day. I grew up with very unhealthy eating habits and I want to know how I should be eating. What is your typical breakfast, lunch and dinner (and snack if you eat one)?

I'm always yo-yo ing between a healthy weight and being 10 - 15 pounds overweight. I want to break this cycle once and for all!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I eat a lot of fruit, a lot of vegetables, and very few processed foods. I enjoy cooking from scratch.

Typical breakfasts:
    -1 cup of cereal/granola with whole milk
    -1/2 cup oatmeal cooked over the stove with whole milk, walnuts, and dried fruit
    -2 egg scramble with salt, pepper, and herbes de provence, with a slice of toast

Typical lunches:
    -Whole grain crackers with sliced turkey and cheddar cheese; fruit
    -Whole grain sandwich with sliced turkey and cheddar cheese; fruit
    -Salad; fruit
    -Soup; salad/fruit
    -Canned tuna mixed with chopped celery, green onions, and dill
    -Leftovers from previous dinner

Typical dinners:
    -Baked chicken, mashed potatoes (I use Yukon Golds, blend them with chicken broth and a little sour cream--no butter), veggies
    -Salad with grilled chicken or fish
    -Pasta w/ fresh homemade tomato sauce
    -Soup
    -Lentil dishes

Snacks:
    -Banan
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 9:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• toast and tea
    an apple for snack
    a fresh salad or veggie plate with cottage cheese
    almonds for a snack
    for dinner I have a grilled protein, fresh vegetables and a fruit of some sort.

I drink lots of ice water and take a multi vitamin daily.

I try to watch my fat intake.
    Anonymous

• I follow a nutritional cleansing program. It is healthy, safe and does not involve stimulants or diet pills. It is not a colon cleanse and has none of the unpleasant side effects of most colon cleanse products.

Here is a link to my blog - http://simplecleansing.blogspot.com/ Check it out and if you have any questions feel free to message me or email me - my contact info is on my blog. I can help you.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 2:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I don't think I'm a "skinny girl" since I'm considered 10 to 15 pounds too heavy for my height, but I'm very lean with a healthy BMI and just a little excess in the tummy area from 2 kids.
    I have bagel or cereal for breakfast, sometimes pancakes. Usually it's a really big bowl or cereal or even 2, but only skim milk.
    I normally have 2 cups of coffee throughout the morning.
    I have yogurt or cheese & crackers, or fruit for a snack a couple hours later.
    For lunch I'll have a sandwich, soup, mac & cheese, maybe tuna salad or whatever we had leftover from dinner. I try to get some fruit or veggies in for lunch too.
    I end up eating some of whatever I'm peeling or chopping up for dinner before I cook it.
    Then I have dinner, like spaghetti or tacos, baked chicken, salad, meatloaf, etc.
    I can't resist ice cream or something after the kids are in bed.
    I don't usually drink pop, only a little juice, some milk and lots of water
    Anonymous

• I have a whey protein shake for breakfast, only because I am not hungry in the mornings.

For lunch I usually have fruit or a small salad.

For dinner I eat a variety of veggies and soy protein.

For snacks I sometimes eat Kellogs fiber plus bars, they are delicious!

I have been a vegetarian for 15 years but even before then my portions have always been small ones, and daily excercise is a must.

Answer by older at 2:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• breakfast -- cereal OR boiled egg with a toast (u can even spread diet butter or oilve oil butter on the toast)
    snack-- flavor yogurt OR fresh fruit OR cubed cheese with a glass of juice
    lunch -- salad with ure choice of meat OR small serving of rice with ure choice of meat OR sandwich
    dinner--meat with bread and salad and fruit

p.s. try to avoid eating things which are deep fried. do not omit carbs completely (as that might also cause deficiency in your body) just keep the consistency a little lesser than what u would normally eat.
    grilled food is the best. even the meat patties for your burgers or sandwiches.. i cook/bake them in the oven rather than frying on a skillet with oil. do the same for spring rolls which i often eat as snacks or for lunch
    drinks lots and lots of water.. and exercise for 20 mins twice a week.
    live happy and healthy !!
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• oh and once in a while i give myself a treat ! either eat a nice big creamy slice of chocolate cake or a humongous cheese burger with tons of french fires !! :P i do that after every 2-3 weeks. that keeps me going for another couple of junk-food free weeks ! lol
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I'm very fortunate - I've always been either at a healthy weight or under and my diet is completely awful. Thank goodness for genetics, my mom is the same way!

Answer by missanc at 9:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• i try to stay under 1300 calories.
    breakfast= 2 slices toast (50 cal each) w light butter, cup skim milk
    snack= fruit
    lunch= anything around 300 calories, lean cuisine pizza, turkey sandwich,small mc'ds hamburger,ect.
    snack=fruit
    dinner= anything under 300 calories again.
    snack= 100 cal. granola bar w cup skim milk
    you also need to exercise at least 5 days a week. i walk/jog 5 miles a day. arm weights daily.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• The biggest problem most Americans have is lack of knowledge about nutrition. They are stuck in the past where 3 squares a day is the best way to eat. They are very wrong! And of those most Americans really only eat 2 meals a day, and they are massive meals. The smartest way to lose weight is to consume multiple meals. Ten percent of the total calories burned during a day come from consuming food, weather it is from chewing and swallowing or digesting. So the more OFTEN you eat the more your body has to work, this will increase your metabolism and help you burn off fat. You should try to eat 5 to 6 meals a day. Not large meals, LIKE WOW I AM STUFFED MEALS. The goal is to eat enough to get you to your next small meal, roughly 3 hours, since that is how long it takes for the stomach to completely empty.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 2:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2010