Can someone please talk me down? I'm freaking out here.

I can't seem to get outside of my head here... please help. I'm afraid I'm pregnant (I'm married with 2 kids and do want a 3rd but now is not the time). I understand that you all are not a pregnancy test and I do understand the science of reproduction. Ok, here goes. 25 day average cycle. Sex w/ condom on day 7 and without on day 21. Ovulation I thought happened on day 12 (which is usual for me). But now I'm on cycle day 27, no sign of AF, but I have had sore breasts for 4 days. I keep thinking AF is coming because I feel a discharge but it's clear or milky, but there's a lot of it. I took a HPT today and it was negative but I just feel that I'm pregnant!! I can't even say why exactly. Would you be worried? Please tell me what you think, I can't focus on anything else...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Don't freak out until you see the positive pregnancy test. I'd say if you are a week late then take another test to see where you are at.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Stressing out might mess up your cycle. I wouldn't be worried. But if it helps, go to your doc and get a blood test. That might help more. But also cycles can change due to stress, aging, diet, exercise, etc. I went through a year and a half of very not regular cycles and the doctors couldn't find a reason why.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 2:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Sore breasts can happen before menstrating begins. Sorry, you will have to wait it out. Only time will tell.
    Anonymous

• You're probably stressing out bad enough it's affecting your cycle. I've totally missed periods due to stress. Calm down, don't think about it, focus on your kids & whatnot, and give it a few days.
    Anonymous