How would I go about finding my biological mother?

I was adopted when I was a couple of weeks old(close to a month). My mother had to have her rights terminated as a parent. I have the court documents but her name is no where to be found. I know her last name but not her first name.

Asked by its_mrs.valdez at 7:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Adoption

• do you have a SS# or way of finding one? Can you get a copy of your birth certificate?

Answer by kryssie78 at 7:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Ummmm yes but that won't help. I have a copy of my birth certificate BUT since her rights were terminated her name will not show up.

Answer by its_mrs.valdez at 7:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Find Birth Mom Here
    We will help you find
    adoptees, birth moms, siblings

Answer by vbruno at 7:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• You could try to hire a PI

Answer by leah2113 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• do you know what state she lived in ?? You could try looking up her last name in the state or city and see what comes up . Maybe there will be relatives that could help you

Answer by angeleyesm at 1:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Join an adoption search and support group in the area you live (and or) the location of your birth and adoption. I have a state by state listing- just pm me. People in those groups know where and how to start gathering info. also- know the law(s) on the disclosure of your info in that state. this is a good 'how to' article in general- not state specific. The Definitive Guide to Self-Empowered Adoptee Search let me know if i can help you find other local resources.

Answer by adopteeme at 8:58 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I just went through this a few years ago. You need to contact whatever agency you were adopted through, even if it was through the state there will be record. Let them know you want to locate your biological mother. They'll have to contact her first to see if she's also interested in your contacting her, and they'll go from there. Most likely, they won't give you any information on her until they contact her first. Best of luck!!!

Answer by katemama05 at 10:22 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I found my birthmom on in 2000. I've yet to find my birthdad.

Answer by sara635 at 7:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2008