c-section victim update

So I agreed to the amino and had it done yesterday morning. Results came back this morning but it said lungs were not mature yet. So I am having a appointment with my regular OB Thursday to discuss the next move. I did voice my concern about not wanting a c-section. She said "we can talk about it" which I consider a good chance of me being able to deliver or talk her into delivering vaginally. Thank you everyone for your answers and help and I will keep yall updated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was told the same thing you were. That my son was large and needed to come out at 36 weeks they said he was already 8lb 11oz. They wanted to induce at 37 weeks. I told them to stuff it. After some serious coaxing and scaring from my doctor at 39 weeks i let the induce me (if i could do it again i wouldnt let them induce period). My son was born at 39 weeks (3 weeks after they said he was 8lb 11oz) 8lb 8oz and 20.5in. The ultrasound was waaayyy off. Not to mention the doctors put me through 37 hourse of failed induced labor, to just have a c section. I believe my body wasnt ready, leading to a c section. I will not induce again.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:26 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• UMM. I remember that post and you shouldn't have to talk her into let you have your baby the way you want!
    Anonymous

• i don't think you are a victim but ok....
    Anonymous

• Unless you have it in writing (which I guarantee they won't do for you) that they fully support you having a vaginal birth, then be prepared for a fight at the hospital. "We can talk about it" is probably to calm you down and have you thinking they are on your side. Even if your dr is somewhat supportive of a vaginal birth, the dr is not with you through the entire labor in most cases, so you might get crap from hospital staff who are looking for any little chance to speed things up and make their jobs easier. The average labor takes up about 12-16 hours of their time, but a c-section takes about 30 minutes. You have every right to birth your baby without major surgery, and you need to stick to your guns and have a doula or someone with you who is truly on your side.
    Anonymous

• Your not a 'victim' because your doctor wants to give you a c-section. I'm sure your doctor has good reasons for not wanting to do a vaginal delivery. If you don't trust your docs medical expertise, then get another doctor.
    Anonymous

• I mustve missed something...why are you a victim
    Anonymous

• I answered your question the other day. A C-Section is not being a victim. I actually wanted them. I have friends who have nothing but issues from having normal vaginal deliveries.... I have none. I am so thankful for my two. I would never, EVER, want a normal delivery.
    Anonymous

• Not sure about the Original Post...

But YOU are in charge of your maternity care--

No matter how much a doctor may bully or pressure or threaten, he/she can NOT do anything without consent...
    Of course they do sometimes, anyhow... :-( So being prepared and having these conversations prenatally helps.

So does having a birth plan (legal document reference) and a birth doula/advocate there, in-person.

Best wishes with this... what ever is going on, it sounds messy.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• The Original Post

I see it now~    although I won't read all the comments, lol!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Again, no matter what "they say," you can still decline the offer.

Why are they doing this? Convenience & money...

The U.S. cesearan rate is at a record high of 31.8%; in 1970 it was 5.5%.

Mothers need to know that their care and their choices won't be compromised by birth politics.
    doulala