What are the best baby bottlles to use??

My first child had colic. I want to make sure I have the best bottle. There is a 9 year age difference in my children so I don't know what they have out on the market now.

Asked by weevil70 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Dr. Browns

• Just wait.Dont go stock up on need to find what the baby likes

Answer by ryanlynn at 2:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I used breastflow by The First Years

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Dr. Browns definitly

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• There are a lot of parts with Dr. Browns. I hand wash my bottles and I get all OCD about making sure they are clean. The straw would make me too nervous. We use Ventaire bottles because that's the only one my baby can latch onto. I'd recommend the Drop Ins. They can add up but they are great for gas and the flow is reasonable.

Answer by acurran88 at 2:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I personally prefer Dr Browns. yes there is a lot of parts but honestly its not that bad. I hand washed all of my bottles too and I was able to get every single cm of those bottles perfectly clean. I worked in daycare for over 3 years and I learned very quickly that Dr Browns are the best especially for kids with gas problems. The vent system works great to create an even flow of formula and to prevent all the bubbles from developing in the bottle. they were always by far my favorite.

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• If you are going to breastfeed, hold off on the bottles for 6 weeks at least.

I've heard good things about dr. brown. I use the adiri though since it was shaped like and soft like a breast. mimi jiri is also a breast-like bottle.

Answer by amileegirl at 3:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• i use dr.brownsas well. they now come with a little scrubbing brush that fits to clean all parts!

Answer by rileymommy at 3:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• The best is the one YOUR BABY will take. I've seen "colicky" babies with every bottle on the market. "Colic" is just a medical term for "we don't know why the baby is crying but we need a medical term."

Answer by gdiamante at 12:38 AM on Jun. 9, 2010