Will feeding my daughter organic meats contribute to her not being as big as other babies her age

noelleandrison

Asked by noelleandrison at 2:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Organic just means no hormones and no antibiotics. Her size won't be affected by it but her health sure will. She'll be healthier than other kids.
    Anonymous

• I have never fed my child organic food and I never plan on it. you can say it has amazing health benefits but my daughter has NEVER been sick, she is almost two, not even a cold, and she is extremely advanced as well. I think parents go a lil psycho with all this orgnaic crap. it just costs you more to give your kid the same food that Im giving mine
    Anonymous

• I don't know the answer to your question, but my kids have always been on the smaller side because I'm on the smaller side and they are just not going to be huge people.

Answer by missanc at 3:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Hey anon 2:57 did you know that some people smoke cigarettes and never get cancer? Does that mean smoking is healthy and safe? You are totally in charge of choosing what your kids eat, but I think you are making an incorrect assumption when you jump from "my kids have never been sick" to "there's nothing better about organic food."
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 3:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• No. I know people think that hormones added to dairy products and meat are responsible for the trend of 14-year-old girls looking like 21-year-old strippers, but there's no scientific data to back that up.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 3:14 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• i think it could...but we don't really fully understand growth. there is no harm in going organic, but there could be harm from not going organic. i would not go into debt to go organic.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• organic fruits are DEFINITELY better and if you can afford them they are the best...there are 94 pesticides found on just strawberries alone!! 94!!! sorry but the extra buck is def. worth my daughters health...I think the organic free range meats are better too. No hormones, living a better life, etc.....a lot of "regular" meat is treated with formaldehyde (same stuff they preserve dead people in) so it doesn't turn gray...blech....anywho, meats aren't a big thing in our house but organic is def. better in my opinion...

Anon---it doesn't have anything to do with her being sick, it has to do with the cancers all that shit will cause later in life :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Thank you Anon :57...I was beginning to think I was the only one that felt this way! My family is full of cancer and I believe cancer is inherited! :)

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Yea, I think it could.
    Anonymous

• My daughter has been vegetarian since her conception. She is 14 and 5'7". I am 5'2"; my spouse is 5'11"

Answer by rkoloms at 10:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2010