what can i do to relive myself from stress thats not expensive

mom of 4 and i keep saying i need a vaction but i dont have money or time for that right now i need something to help me relax. suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• get a family member or a friend to watch the kiddos, take a loong hot bath with candles and some music, a book if you like to read, or a magazine, have a nice looong soak, then paint your nail (toes too!) make your own facial mask at home, Just have a spa day!
    Or think of something you like to do and do it, kid free. Go to a matinee on your own. or you yourself go to bed early with a book, magazine, sewing etc..go window shopping in the mall without the kids. Anything you enjoy can become stressfree when the kids are out of the picture! (to me anyway)
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:00 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• pedicure...they are like 25 bucks and going with a friend makes them even better...or lunch out with a friend...I find that when I do these things I come back home feeling much much better =)...I also clean alot when I am stressed I find that using that energy to do something productive makes me feel better!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 3:00 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• We don't have any money either so I knwo where your coming from. This is what I do. Hubby and I put the kids to bed early. I take a LOOOONG HOT shower. When I get out I blow dry and brush my hair. I make myself some hot tea or hot chocolate. Maybe get a little snack. Then I climb in bed and cuddle with a good book.
    Anonymous

• exercise
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• yoga or meditation after the kids go to bed?
    sometimes, for me grocery shopping with no kids is like a mini vacation!
    i love to go to the gym. as long as i don't have a baby under 3 months old, the childcare takes all my kids.
    i have too many kids to do this now, but i used to love to pop them in a stroller and just walk for miles and miles!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2010