Question so dumb I can't believe I'm asking it...... JW and sexual activities

I made a new friend a couple months agao - and I just found out that she's JW (she says not practicing,.... uh, ok) Anyhow, we're talking today and she tells me that JW believe that "sexual orgasm is a sin because at the moment of orgasm the person is giving complete surrender to the flesh"..... and that it's "a form of sexual worship and against god". She also said that 'they' believe that sex is strictly for conception - and that practicing sex outside of conception is a sin against God.

My friend is confused isn't she? Because when I told her that sex is a very important part of my relationship with my husband she told me that I was making him my god by worshiping his body and lusting after his flesh.

I just find that so far out there that I can't believe it. I may not know the JW faith much - but surely this can't be what they really believe, right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Don't men generally have to have an orgasm to be able to conceive? So, only women aren't allowed to have orgasms? I think she may be a bit confused.

Anonymous

• "Oh, the Christians they're a-hummin'
    'Cuz they say their god is comin'
    Well, last night my god, he came 3 times!
    And my goddess 33!

Gimme that Old Time Religion..."
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Nope, she not right. God created sex for pleasure as well as for procreation. The only restrictions He placed on it is that it is to be practiced within the bounds of marriage between an husband & wife.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I was a JW when I was living at home. She is full of crap. They do not believe that at all. Now you can not have sex outside of the marriage and have to wait till you are married.
    Anonymous

• i dont believe that but some people do. i'm with you, it's important in our relationship.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• My mom had a teacher in high school that felt like that. She said that she had only had sex twice in her life and she had 2 children. I think her and her husband even slept in separate beds too. Don't ask about why they were having a conversation about this at school. It was the 70s.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I know the Amish believe that sex is for procreation only, but then again why do you think they have a million kids...no protection and horney men equals lots of little farmers....lol
    Anonymous

• Your friend is either very confused, or simply trying to stir up drama... JW's are strict on things like birth control, homosexuality, masturbation and sex outside of marriage, but they do NOT have an "orgasm restriction."

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Hmm i think its bologny, muslims are strict, and actually they beleive an orgasm is a gift and so is sex.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Sabrina is right, i'm a jw and i've never heard of that before.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Jun. 9, 2010