locking your toddlers door at night? opinions

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• nope, I would never do it
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Hell NO!!! What if there was a fire!! What if you didn't get there in time! Your baby would burn to death because you locked him/her in.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• No- what if there was a fire and they couldn't get out.....
    faithnseansmama

Answer by faithnseansmama at 3:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• When my boys were toddlers I would put the baby gate up across the doorway and that would be enough to keep them in the bedroom. Sometimes I would leave the door open, sometimes I would close it. My kids bedroom door never had a lock, and I don't like the idea of locking a child in a bedroom.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• No Way, I would put a gate at thier door if you are worried about wandering at night. Also I have seen people put a wooden screen door on thier room with a lock. But I would not keep them behind a solid locked door. That's mean. They should not feel cut off from you.
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt feel comfortable either.
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• def not if your child can open doors then your house shold be baby proofed anyway and i know when my kids wake up they come straight to my room anyway
    jaders1220

Answer by jaders1220 at 3:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• i have a child proof thing on the inside of my 2 yo's door. they would wander the house in the middle of the night and never nap if we didn't. if there was a fire, the 2 yo's would need dh or me or a fire fighter to get them out regardless. their door still opens from the outside.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• no. there could be a fire or an accident. that's just mean. if you don't want them getting out of their room use a baby gate.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• We have latched dd's door before so she stays in there, but I did feel bad using it...but at the time it was the only way to keep her from wandering around the house while we all slept. That concept scared me. It allowed the door to still open enough for her to let us know if she needed something but still kept her in so she couldn't go getting into things while we are sleeping. I am just too paranoid to sleep if I thought she could come out of her room and walk around anywhere she pleases, even if I DO have the house baby proofed. I think it is okay as long as you only use it during bedtime, make sure the child is asleep before latching the door, and make sure you can hear/see the child if she needs you. And never use it as an excuse to shove your kid in a room and ignore them. We only used it for her safety at night, never during the day to keep her restrained or out of the way. That would be taking it too far.
    Anonymous