how would you handle your husband working out of state and only being home on weekends

would you be able to do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• no, absolutley not. it would never happen.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Do it all the time.....~S~ We use our webcams and talk every second we get! Sometimes his job takes him far and sometimes its close. We make it work because we love eachother and our family too much to let it slip away! You can do it if you want to. It's all in how you look at it! Good luck
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I don't think that would work for me. I don't like when my husband travels for a day or two....and he travels only 4 to 5 times a year. I would not accept having him only on weekends. I would move to the city he will be working.
    DeLaiz

Answer by DeLaiz at 3:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I wouldn't do well. I've never really understood this one. The only people I have known who did this, it was only temporary until the husband made enough to move the family there or the wife finished up her work contract then she and the kids moved. I'm sure those who do it have all kinds of reasons but if the guy is staying in a motel, or even renting an apartment, it really does not make sense. Even staying close to family or whatever is strange to me. When you get married and have children, that is your immediate faimly from them on. I couldn't have a weekend husband.
    Anonymous

• Oh yeah......
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• If that's what you have to do, then you make it work. You talk every day, same time. Get a webcam, use skype. Do family only things on the weekends. And make sure the kiddo's know that their dad isn't gone because he doesn't love them. Make sure they know he does love them, but that he has to be gone because of work, and that he comes home on the weekend for them. You make it work. What else are you going to do, divorce? My hubby is in the military, it's tough. He was deployed, it's tough. When he first got home he was supposed to get off at like noon every day. Didn't happen. He'd get home late, one night after 9:30. And didn't get to bed until like 1am because he had to do paperwork. This, just after he got home from a year long deployment. But you have to deal. It will get easier. And just when you get used it it, it will probably change.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• About 16 years ago, my husband was an over the road truck driver. He would be gone for 10 days & home for about 4 days. We both hated it & my children (then ages 4 & 10) hated it. That lasted about 9 mos & he found something that was local. I guess when necessary, you do what you have to do. But, it would not be my first choice of lifestyles.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Thats life. Me and hubby have spent more than half of our 6 year relationship apart due to the military. My husband and I will do anything to support our children. Even if that means him not being home.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• well my husband is military right now, i have been through year long deployments, but he is getting out soon and his new job he is going to be working in different states and only be home on the weekends... i am scared it will be worse than now...
    Anonymous

• no
    Anonymous