South Carolina accepting carpetbaggers?

So if South Carolina called northerners carpetbaggers during Reconstruction after the Civil War; why then would they vote in a 1st generation "opportunist" Indian American, as Governor, who is an obvious beneficiary of the Civil Rights Fights of the 60s which were long overdue for Blacks primarily.

Why would Louisiana, a state with long history of racism next door to the birth of civil rights movement-MS, elect another 1st gen Indian American as governor, yet never consider a black or hispanic all those years; groups who have had a long history of oppression within these states.

They are both Republicans. They both conveniently converted to Christianity from their parents Indian faiths. They have gotten where they are thanks to historic Liberal agendas in America, but yet Obama is anything but an American or Christian in the eyes of Tea Partiers- a GOP wing. Any Opinions on any of the above appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• why would you ask such a supid question?
    Anonymous

• So you're upset that a peron with Indian heritage was elected Govenor? That sounds rather racist.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't appreciate any opinions on this. It would just be more double speak.
    AutumnLybbie

Answer by AutumnLybbie at 4:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• OP, are you trying to use today's new vocabulary word?! LOL

Maybe this Indian-American candidate won because he was the best candidate for the job, or he managed to win over enough of the voting population in order to get elected?! Maybe a bunch of Indian Americans wanted to be "a part of history?!" LOL You know how that goes, right?! :o)

We all know why Obama got elected...because too many people bought the "snake oil" he was selling and now they're trying to back-peddle their way out, saying they "never expected anything more," and "Obama is like every other politician." LOL...trying to save face can be really entertaining to watch! :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• OMG.....just to make people argue...again. Give me a break.
    Anonymous

• And they call us racist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• That is one of the most ignorant questions I have seen in a while.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• OMG do you GOPers have a brain; Or do you just fit the mold that your family/friends fit???? This has nothing to do with Obama it has to do with American history and Tradition and so called Patriotism and what my Grandfathers fought for. Or any of you who gave NO ANSWER, of any substantial heritage here. OR are you another one of those Orly? (calif wench) immigrants who thinks your voice should trump history and the men who died for it. Yes not just soldiers but the slaves and natives who died fighting for this land one way or another. WHY CAN'T U JUST ANSWER THE DAM QUESTION. IT'S SINCERE!! I answer your questions. And I'm not a DEM!!!! I'M AMERICAN FIRST AND FOREMOST.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• RACIST? UPSET THAT AN INDIAN IS ELECTED?

I'm upset at all the happy ass opportunists who come to this land seeking fortune and/or fame, and yes even those who come by the way of anchor babies (I'm sure alot of their parents came with Visas and THEN got pregnant with their anchor children (they didn't wait until they were citizens first)); whilst the millions of descendents of those who pained and travailed for the sake of their own and their future are dismissed and trampled underfoot.

Let me guess you all above who wasted 2 cents of nothing, agreed with Hannity years ago, that we should change the Constitution to allow Repub Schwarzenaeger to run for President (as he is an immigrant; and you must be born here).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• OP,

I would like to know is what historic liberal agenda are you talking about?

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 2:18 AM on Jun. 9, 2010