how come when your taken or married, guys automatically ignore you like you dont deserve conversing with them?

it could even be your husband's/ boyfriend's friends

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Some men are very territorial and it sounds like those other men perceive your husband to be one of them. Plus it's very hard for men to look at or talk to women without thinking about sex, their brains just aren't evolved enough.
    Anonymous

• because they respect the fact you are married, and dont want your husband to think they are up to anything.
    Anonymous

• Ugh sometimes I wish I had this problem. A few mommies and I have mommy's night outs, and some of us are married, just out to dance and have fun. And the majority of the time we are getting more hits from the men than the single ladies that come with us. It gets old really fast. I am not interested in bumping and grinding on some strange drunk man.
    Anonymous

• That's not true. I always had many guy friends who would talk to me even after I got married because they like women and don't think of all women as potential "conquests"...or sex objects. They were my DH's friends and my friends' husbands.
    Anonymous

• I have found quite the opposite for myself honestly
    I find it easier to make male friends when I am taken because they feel like I am a "safe" female friend, so they get all of the advice, and convo, honestly with out the pressure of temptation
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I haven't found that to be true. I have guys that talk to me all the time and there's never been a problem.

Answer by missanc at 4:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I've never had that issue. I still have conversations with DH's friends, family, my guy friends, and even strangers. I've never found that a relationship hinders the conversations I have with other men.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• some respect that a person is married & might feel uncomfortable talking with a "taken" woman . .some were brought up that way.
    Anonymous

• Better than being hit on! Especially when they KNOW you're unavailable.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I can't say that I've had that problem. I usually get "hit on" or even spoken to more when I'm taken.
    Anonymous