If my baby doesnt...

want to eat and shes going to be 9 months is there something wrong with her? Could her reocurring ear infections have anything to do with it? She'll lick the spoon but then turn her head or cry sometimes. Im not sure what to do!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my ds never wanted to eat when he had an ear infection
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Yea i keep thinking thats why but im not sure bc she drinks a bottle just fine.
    Anonymous

• Maybe she isn't ready to eat. As long as she is getting 32oz of formula, then, it is ok. Now, if she still won't eat in a few months, then, you might want to ask the doc. But, before one, it is just for fun anyway.

Put some chunks or avocado or baked sweet potato on her tray and let her explore with it. She might pick it up and try to eat.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Both of my kids refused Pureed food after six months. They wouldn't touch the stuff. So I just kept with the bottle until they were old enough to eat solid foods. It could be that he just doesn't like the food. Though his ear infections could have a side effect to his not wanting to eat.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• She might want to feed herself. Neither of mine took a spoon. They eat mashed or chopped table foods themselves. It was messy but worth it.
    MamaZoya

Answer by MamaZoya at 4:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• No, nothing wrong with her. Babies tend to get fed way to early, that's why it seems odd to you.

Ear infections, illness, teething, wanting to feed self, not liking the pureed blandness of jar food (icky!...table food is miles more interesting and doesn't cost anything extra). Also, babies with histories of illness or allergies (or family history of allergies) often refuse foods they are allergic too or give them bellyaches. Smart babies.

As long as she gets calories from breastmilk/formula she will be fine.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Kids go through phases where they eat less.. And sometimes it seems like not at all. My ped told me it was normal. Just keep offering the food. If you suspect ear infection or anything else, get her in with her doctor. :)
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 10:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2010