Essure vs. Tubal ligation

Ive already signed the papers for a tubal, and of course i can back out anytime i want. but today at my ob appt i read a pamphlet on Essure, sounds intriquing. does anyone have opinions on which is better?

renniemom3

Asked by renniemom3 at 4:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• the man getting a vasectomy is better :) anyway, essure can be done in the office. Basically, they put a little spring like object in each opening of the fallopian tube which builds up scar tissue. Lap tubal you will need to be under general anesthesia. An essure is probably easier on you but you NEED to make sure that your doc was TAUGHT to do them correctly. I have worked with a number of docs that don't know what the hell they are doing. With either procedure, you are going to have a "foreign object" in your body. It's not a horrible thing but that's my opinion :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Essure is a little less evasive so many go for it because of that.
    Its not perfect but neither is a tubal. So you just go with what is more comfortable to you. Make sure you read up on the pros and cons of the Essure(well and tubal but you might have already done that LOL).

Ive had 2 friends do the Essure and havent had issues with it. Ive known many more who did tubals with no issues as well, including myself.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I had a tubal and there are no foreign objects in my body. The doc cut and cauterized my tubes. He did not clip them. I have had zero negative side effects, zero problems. I love having my tubes tied.

Tubals are effective immediately . Essure takes time to build up the scar tissue.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I've had a tubal ligation for 15 years now. Not a hitch.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2010