help, please!

My daughter is pregnant. Again. And she wants an abortion. I don't know what to do with her. She has no tv, cell phone, lap top, computer. All she is allowed to do is go to school, her job after school, and come home. She has a 5 month old son, and is about 6 weeks pregnant. We've had it confirmed, it isn't just wishful thinking on her part. She had an abortion before her son, and a miscarriage. Those were with her bio father. I've since taken over custody of her. I thought she was doing better. What more can I do? She is grounded, her money is closely watched, she is closely watched. I have no idea how she managed to get pregnant this time. I'm very close to putting her into foster care. I have 3 other children, two of which are girls, and I don't want an example like that in my home. I love her very much, but I have to think about what is best for my other children. Any advice, anything else I could try?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• If she wants an abortion, then there is nothing you can do about it. She can get an abortion. Obviously she's messed up from what her bio dad did to her. If she's not in therapy already, she needs to be in it. If she IS in it, she needs more than she's getting.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry you're going through this. I have no other suggestions. Does she have a car? If she does, take it away?
    Anonymous

• Have you thought about an IUD. That way she doesnt have to remember taking a pill and you dont have to worry about it for 5 years? Cause all these pregnancy's are perventable. The whole controlling thing that is very hard at this age. It takes a lot of effort and respect on both parts. The sex thing...kids do it in the school bathrooms so that thing you cant change or help. She needs to learn to respect herself.
    Anonymous

• Get her the birth control shots if you can. Cause even tho you may not want her to have sex it looks like she is going to. at leest you can prevent being a grandma over and over and her have an abortion as a form of birth control. (with a pill she could skip a day with the shot she cant) GL
    Anonymous

• why wasn't she on birth control? she should think about giving her kids up for a adoption.
    How about a family member instead of foster care? And going to family therapy would be a good idea.

Or tell her if her boyfriend and her want to play house they should get married and move out? this is what I would do!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 4:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Definitely birth control and then some much needed therapy.
    Anonymous

• Ask her how she is going to pay for the abortion? Drop her off at Planned Parenthood. I wouldn't put her in foster care though. You should think about getting custody of her son before she decides to take off with him. I think the OP meant that the girl was in the custody of her father when she got pregnant twice, not pregnant by him.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Pray lots of prayers! i dont know whats the best thing to do. i wouldnt have an abortion. maybe adoption how old is she? why doesnt she live with with the father of her son?
    gonzalez3

Answer by gonzalez3 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I already have custody of my grandson. I have to pay for the abortion, otherwise, I'm afraid she'll attempt to abort herself, and I love her too much to allow that to happen, since she can injure herself.
    Anonymous

• She is 16. She told me she doesn't know who the father of her son is. Adoption is a good idea, but she doesn't want to go through pregnancy again. And again, before she hurts herself, I'd rather pay for another abortion.
    Anonymous