Does this bother you?

Obama was on the Today show when he decided to "get rough". In my opinion I don't care who the President is but I don't think this is Presidential at all.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/06/07/gulf.oil.obama/index.html

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't care that he said it, it means very little to me. It's what? Day 50? The long weeks of silence to the states that have been requesting permission to build berms and to ask for help make me think that this is all posturing. This just solidifies my opinions.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• blah blah blah...I am so sick of him talking about it and not doing ...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Like my very wise grandmother would say...

"Talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than words."

All Obama is capable of doing is speaking--and he's especially skillful at the art of talking out of 7 sides of his mouth!! He's never had to actually put his theories to the test. So he really hasn't a clue on how to address this problem. And since he's surrounded himself with others who also have no PRACTICAL experience, they're all sitting around scratching their heads and pointing fingers at each other! Amateur hour at the White House continues!!! Pathetic.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Come on now, he is discussing the situation with top "experts" to handle the situation in the best possible way. In the mean time, mother earth gets screwed.
    Anonymous

• oops.. did not mean to put anon.. but I do think he went to far with his speech. But then again it is acceptable on tv and every where else, so is he just using the language of the "every day" citizen?
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 5:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• They have been saying that he should show more emotion, that he is too calm, that he doesn't seem to care.....so NOW you are saying he showed TOO MUCH emotion? Make up your minds.
    Anonymous

• Shouldn't BP be the ones we are all angry with? They screwed up and they screwed our coastlines and water and animals and plant life and birds.....Obama didn't do it.
    The administration has been working on it but....hey, don't recognize that.Gotta keep the anti-Obama feeling going,right?
    Anonymous

***
    It's "too much" because it's FAKE!!! His handlers have told him to show more emotion, and like the good little puppet actor he is, doing what he's supposed to do--give Emmy winning performances!!!

If you are buying all of his talk, you really should just stop watching his speeches and READ the transcripts instead!!! You'd be amazed at how little important information is contained in his speeches when you take away all of the emotion and "shine!"
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• They screwed up and they screwed our coastlines and water and animals and plant life and birds.....Obama didn't do it.

***

However, unlike children when their parents aren't watching, they only did what they were able to get away with! Have you read this LINK?

"The Interior Department exempted BP's calamitous Gulf of Mexico drilling operation from a detailed environmental impact analysis last year...after three reviews of the area concluded that a massive oil spill was unlikely. The decision by the department's Minerals Management Service...to give BP's lease at Deepwater Horizon a "categorical exclusion" from the National Environmental Policy Act...on April 6, 2009"

Now WHO was President then?!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Especially he said that using "that kind of language" is uncalled for. Does he listen to himself at all? I don't think he knows what he has said. That is what makes me think very little of what he "says" are his own words. He speaks, but the words are given to him. If these were his own words, they would reflect some conviction which he would have to remember. It is his. It is just like the over used and now trite "I wake up in the morning and this is the first thing I think of and the last thing I think of at night". The commentators found about 9 clips of him saying this on different issues. Now he tells graduates to not play the blame game. WHAT!!!!!!! He invented the blame game.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2010