My HPT read negative this morning... but it reads positive now?

I took the test when I had to pee at 5am. I waited the 2 required minutes... no line in the test window. Then I waited another minute or two (still groggy)... nothing. I just saw it sticking out of the trash can with... two lines? I know the results are supposed to be invalid after 10 minutes... But does this mean anything??? Should I test again tomorrow? I was going to wait a few days so I didn't waste tests/money (I'm only 2 days late based on my last cycle). Please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I'd retest. They are only $1.00 at Dollar Tree and other dollar stores.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, it's invalid. I'd test again in another day or two.
    Anonymous

• They're not good after a period of time because an evaporation line can appear.
    Anonymous

• They all will get an evaporation line after you leave it all day. It means nothing. You are pretty much not pregnant.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Same thing happened to my friend. She took a test in the morning and it was negative. when her hubby came home he told her he wanted to see the test and it was positive!! She WAS pregnant
    Anonymous

• It is called an evaporation line and it means absolutely nothing. That does not mean you didn't get a false negative this morning though especially if it is very close to your missed period. I would wait a day or two and take another.
    Anonymous

• After 10 minutes, the test is invalid. If you feel you need to, test again. Right now, your result is negative.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 11:03 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• "one in four women misread a home pregnancy test" that commercial was for you lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Jun. 10, 2010