How can i get my DS to stop witholding his poop?

at 2 1/2 i had my DS perfectly potty trained, then when he was 3 and visiting my moms farm, he was attacked by 2 great danes. he had over 30 puncture wounds and a huge gash in his upper inside left thigh. he was hospitalized for almoist 2 weeks, then sent home to heal. in the hospital he was on a cthetar, and he barely ate, after the hospital, he started pooping in his pants, a little at a time. it is now a year later, and he still tries not to poop, gets all bunged up, and his britches always have awful skid marks. i have asked docs about this and they say it is a phase and give it time, but he says it HURRRRTS! i have had to use laxatives and suppositories on occasion. i am so sick of seeing him have a hard time and everyone assumes im a bad mom and haven't talked to any doctors, but i have! i'm just not getting any answers... frustrated....any help out there? he is now 4.

daughterofearth

Asked by daughterofearth at 5:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• wow, i have the same problem, my son is 2 1/2 and he will hold it in for days, to the point that if he even farts he gets skid marks in his undies...i too have to give him laxatives, i've talked to many different doctors too, i'm glad to know that i'm not the only momma dealing with this. i hope someone has a good answer for both of us!
    Anonymous