I could use some employees but to be honest I don't like to share

I run my own business, it started small but is now progressing pretty nicely.
I want some office help, maybe hire some students, professionals, maybe interns

But I am also thinking of just asking family to help, like my little sister, my ex's brother, etc
just so I can have the money stay in the family.

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• NEVER a good idea....family comes to expect things instead of earn them, and they dont mind ASKING for EVERYTHING while not working hard enough to earn it...family will feel entitled to your money....just say no....students need money just as badly!!! and you wont feel bad for letting them go if need be or feel obligated to hold on to them if no longer nec.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Not a good idea.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon. You should NEVER mix business with family, and if you do, have everything in writing of your end and what you expect out of them and the consequences, like termination if you steal and such....
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• dont mix fmaily and money it gets ugly nomatter how nice it starts out. go with students or interns
    GothicMama

Answer by GothicMama at 6:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• You can, but you risk losing good relationships over money. Suppose a problem comes along and you have to hold somebody accountable. It's risky business. I would hire a college student. They need the money and they are investing twice, in their education and their work experience for when they graduate. And you never know, maybe they will be a powerful ally one day.
    Anonymous

• Family+Money=Disaster
    Hire a stranger!
    fatcat0908

Answer by fatcat0908 at 6:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Totally agree, have had my own business & family were my worst employees. Have also worked for a family member and that doesn't work out to well either. Hire a student!!
    oosgrandma

Answer by oosgrandma at 7:00 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Hire a business major from a local university.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2010