Isn't this the most stupid and selfish reason to not breastfeed????

I hear a lot of moms who choose not to bf because of different reasons that are difficult for me to understand but I totally respect because it's their choice and their body...nothing wrong with that. What annoys me is moms who choose to FF to please hubby and other family members with the feeding, to get them involved. IS IT NOT MORE IMPORTANT THAT YOUR BABY GETS THE BEST INSTEAD OF DADDY NEEDING TO PLAY BOTTLE TIME WITH BABY??? if I was a man, a daddy I would
want my baby to get the best, not the secon best to satisfy my own selfish needs. That's why moms have boobs not men! Geez let newborns get the good stuff!
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• they're adults, I think they can handle it themselves!
    Anonymous

• I don't think it's a stupid reason but it doesn't explain why you wouldn't use a breast pump and pump out the milk.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• oh lord here we go! I don't understand why this matters to anyone, it's a woman's choice what she feels is best for her & baby and what works for their family, no baby dies from formula, I breastfed my babies but that doesn't mean I look down on women that dont, everyone should just keep their opinions about this to themselves no one here is better than the other-this is more of you stating your opinion not asking a question.
    Anonymous

• Well, as I have stated many times, I had two.. BF one and FF another. They are both adults now. BF one has all sorts of allergies, sickness, etc. I still say BF has NOTHING to do with their overall health. Sorry, my BF one proved that point. So, to me it's up to the person. If there are no benefits, I did not like it a bit. It was uncomfortable, I felt disgusting and YES I LIKED MY SLEEP. So what.

Anonymous

• I think it's stupid that you somehow believe you should have a say about what goes on in other families. Mind your own business...it makes life less complicated.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Geez, give it a rest. Not every family is the same, and they aren't going to do the same as you. No matter how many names people will throw out.
    Anonymous

• Daddy needing to play bottle time with the baby?
    OMG Just sucks that Daddy wants to be involved with his children......hey?
    Anonymous

• Well I think its none of you business and none of mine what they want to do. They are grown adults and THEY know what is best for THIER baby not you. Just like YOU know what is best for YOUR baby not us. It is as simple as that.

Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• People do what they want. For their own reasons. Breast feed or bottle feed. who realy care why? I do not care.

Answer by louise2 at 6:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I agree with you 100%, but I dont think its our place to say anything to people that want to formula feed. I formula fed my daughter, and she does have some allergies but that is the size of it.... I'm pregnant now, and am planning on BF this one for a few months, also being only 20 yrs old when I had my daughter I was very young and naieve and didnt want to BF for selfish reasons...now that its 7 yrs later I am more educated about it and am willing to do it. It just all depends on the situation and the family. BTW, I have a friend who BF and her daughter and she is always spitting up and has gas and I dont think she is developing properly...She is almost 12 months old and still cant handle eating solids....But I dont know if there is a corelation.
    Anonymous