what is hypnobirthing?

i saw a sign today that said "hypnobirthing classes starting soon" never heard of that and wondering if anyone knew what it was.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Demand the original; expect the best!

HypnoBirthing® - The Mongan Method - is a unique method of relaxed, natural childbirth education, enhanced by self-hypnosis techniques. HypnoBirthing® provides the missing link that allows women to use their natural instincts to bring about a safer, easier, more comfortable birthing. Emphasis is placed on pregnancy and childbirth, as well as on pre-birth parenting and the consciousness of the pre-born baby. As a birthing method, HypnoBirthing® is as new as tomorrow and as old as ancient times. It is presented in a series of five, 2 1/2-hour classes.

Anonymous

• "We believe that every woman has within her the power to call upon her natural instincts to bring about the best possible birthing for her baby and herself"

-Marie F. Mongan

HypnoBirthing® Mothers are making choices -- creating change!

In 2007 15.5% of US HypnoBirthing® mothers birthed via C-Section, compared the the national average of 32%

12% of HypnoBirthing® mothers chose to birth in the comfort of their homes. The national average is less than 1%.

6% of HypnoBirthing® mothers chose to birth in freestanding birth centers. The national average is less than 1%.

Over 70% of HypnoBirthing® mothers birthing vaginally had unmedicated births.

SOURCE:
    hypnobirthing.com
    Anonymous

• they train you to think of something else instead of the pain. it's more listening to music and convincing yourself it doesn't hurt. it's not hypnosis at all, you're completely conscious. but when it get's to the end it's really difficult to not think about the pain soooo if you're against pain meds then it's good to try but if you're not then you're better off going with the meds
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I had a hypnobirth. It was awesome. I watched my birth video... It looks like I slept through all 17 hours of labor. The pain was completely manageable. It really didn't hurt until my DD's shoulders came through. None of the "ring of fire" nonsense people talk about. And DD didn't cry when she was born either.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Everyone I know swears by it. I plan to do it next time around. I was talking to a friend who is a NICU nurse, and she did it with her son she had 7 weeks ago. She was able to use hypnosis to get him to go from posterior position to anterior (the proper position for delivering)! Makes for a much less painful birth.
    The mind is very powerful, and this can be an amazing tool, if you're interested. Do a little research online, and check it out!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• HypnoBirthing is a hypnosis for childbirth program. There are a few different hypnosis for birth programs you can choose from. I used Hypnobabies with my last birth and it was great! You can see my birth video and read over 250 birth stories of moms who used Hypnobabies at www.pregnancybirthandbabies.com Hypnobabies has live courses and a complete Home Study course too!
    EnjoyBirth

Answer by EnjoyBirth at 1:25 PM on Jun. 12, 2010