Is it bad for baby to sleep in bouncer??

My baby will only sleep in bouncer, when I put her in her crib she cries. Is it bad for her to sleep in her bouncer for a couple of months?? She doesn't spend any time in it during the day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She needs to get used to her bed, but no it's not bad. It might be the reclining position she wants. You could try elevating the head of her crib or using a crib wedge/infant positioner.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• My DD had acid reflux and when she laid flat She would be in a lot of pain so my DD doctor said to keep her upright as much as possible so when she wouldn't sleep in her crib i would put her in her bounce and she would be out like a light in 5 minutes. I see no problem in allowing her to sleep there for a few months my DD would not play she would go right to sleep in it. It's better then allowing her to sleep in her car seat and I have seen plenty of mommas that keep there child in there car seat 24/7.
    Anonymous

• My son slept the first 3 months in a swing. he also did not like laying flat. a little after 3 months we moved him to his crib...it was hard to transition him...but we made it....actually i was recovering from surgery and it was my mother that got him to sleep in the crib. so i wouldn't say it is bad...
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• DS2 also slept a lot in his swing. My others (I have four) did some time sleeping in the bouncer during the day. We coslept at night (much easier for the nursing mom!) and slept thru the night almost from the start.
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 10:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• No, let her sleep where she is comfortable. My daughter wouldn't sleep in her crib until she was about 3 months old. If she doesn't like it, don't make her. That just seems cruel... its a big, cold, unfamiliar place.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:53 AM on Jun. 9, 2010