Do you agree that these days most couples are too busy planning to wedding to plan the marriage?

It seems like some brides get so wrapped up in the wedding itself thst they forget why they're getting married in the first place.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I planned my wedding yes, but also planned for the future...We didn't have to pay much for our honeymoon, our friends were awesome and we got quite a bit of money lol...but I do agree...shows like Bridezilla do show that side!
    ThreeFates511

Answer by ThreeFates511 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Yes! Plan for the days AFTER the wedding and you'll have more success.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• yes I agree!
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 7:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I completely agree.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 7:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• ya, a wedding is simply the celebration of the begining of the marriage. it should be special, but you should remember that it is just the beginning
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:38 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• yes I did that - and have had to work very hard to stay in a marriage that should have had more thought put into it - Love him very much now, but at 20yrs old, I'll I thought about was a pretty dress and prawn cocktails (lol it was 17yrs ago!)
    I also think lots of people plan a pregancy and a newborn, but put very little thought into the 7yr old, the 9yr old, the 14yr old who will also be there eventually
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 7:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I think it should go like this you get married and its just a plain ceremony if you make it past the first three years you can have the big wedding to reup your vows. Silly but jmo.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I was just talking to dh about this. We're about to celebrate 10 yrs in a couple months. I know a couple people who are divorced because they fought so much about the debt they got into for the reception and their honeymoon. Sad story.
    Anyway, he brought up how all the kids' disney movies have the wedding as the END of the movie, but it should be the beginning so it's more realistic.
    Anonymous

• How crazy is it that some states have a waiting period of separation like 6 months or a year before you can even file for divorce, but most only make couples wait a day or 2 to get a marriage license?
    Anonymous

• Good observation!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2010