What does "Spiritual" mean?

I know what faith is, I understand the Holy Spirit. But what does "Spiritual" mean. I don't want to start a war over religion and the reason I am asking this is this: I heard my dd on the radio today from her job in St. Croix, USVI, and she was talking about certain places on the island that are very "Spiritual". That many people go to these places and feel 'something'? I have heard people say they are not religious but more spiritual? I am sorry for being thick, but what does this mean?

Asked by Joeygoat at 7:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My def: Intellectually connected to God

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:48 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• To be spiritual means to strive and connect with a higher force that is hidden from our ordinary view and perception but that can be felt when surrendering one’s ego.

Answer by older at 7:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I am not religious....I consider myself a spiritual Atheist. By this I mean, I feel a strong connection within to that which surrounds me. Nature especially, but also the energy around me. I don't attribute anything I feel to a supreme being, but rather to all the energy we share together, and the earth's energy within the Universe.
    I don't know if I can explain it very well. But this is how I feel spiritual....I'm sure it varies for people.

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• To me, it means finding the connection with the Universe/higher power/God/etc. from within, not using books or rules or guilt or fear of hellfire,etc to get it.

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• God is all around us.
    'For in him we live and move and have our being.' Acts 17:28

Answer by m2KnL at 9:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• ok, i think the answer above me is dumb, cause evil spirits are spirits too. I guess God is an evil spirit too? oooooookkkkkk.

spirit meaning just as it says beleiving in spirtual beings/things.

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• oops i forgot there is a boycott.

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• What is being boycotted?

Answer by Joeygoat at 10:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Earth and nature are not going to save your soul, they will keep on living once your are in the ground.

• anony only you can save your soul, thats why we were given free will. to make that choice, God cant choose for you, or he'd be a hypocrite.

He/she would also be an abusive God also to mess with peoples minds like that.

Oh and it case it comes up theres a difference between predestination and od knowing your choice in advance. Predestination again would mean you had no free will-and once again god would be an abusive and cruel being to mess with peoples heads like that.

Just my opinion-only makes logical sense-or we'd have an insane God which would explain the mental abuse.

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:06 AM on Jun. 9, 2010