What would you have done?

Say your sd (19) asked u for a favor and you said sure she wanted u tom take her to get birthday balloons to give to her friend for her b/ day so you do then when it comes to paying she let's you but at least she says thank you but if I did not have any ,one on me I did this from the kindness of my heart I don't mind doing anything g for her but I don't want to be used either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I would have done the same thing, but she should have made it more clear that she was expecting you to pay
    Anonymous

• I do those things for my kids too. If they didn't say thank you then I would probably be less likely to continue doing those things in the future.
    Anonymous

• You done this time but don't make it a habit. She is old enough to do these things on her own with her money. She is an adult.
    Anonymous

• I do it and keep on doing it, its hard we like to help them out. As long as we can do it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:02 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• She asked you to take her to get balloons. She should've been prepared to pay. She didn't ask you to buy balloons for her, she asked you for a ride. I think she is using you.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Hmmm I would tell her she owes me some money. Then make her pay it back. If she has no job then doing jobs for me.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:02 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I would have done the same but without expecting to get paid back, after all how much can a baloon cost?

Answer by older at 11:31 AM on Jun. 15, 2010