Adoption?

How do you go about doing it? I'm 35 weeks pregnant and just now deciding maybe thats what I should do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• oh sweetheart....please be sure this is what you want to do. I understand you may be at the end of a rope. I am so sorry. If this is better for the child's life, I can understand. strength to you dear.
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• i really wouldnt do that. how could you make a baby and then give it away to strangers? that baby needs its mommy. please dont do that. unless of course you think your going to abuse or neglect it or your on drugs or something like that. but if your just having money problems or some minor changeable issue that is not a reason to give away your baby. if you love this baby the way a mother should, you should keep it. imagine how you would feel if your mommy didnt want you and gave you away.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I'm with Adeline1210
    I hope you make the right decision for YOU!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 9:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• many hospitals can help you and guide you to the right people to help you make that decision... please don't be afraid to ask for help...
    we have adopted our DD through the foster care system... there are some very good support groups out there that can help you... no matter which route you decide to take...
    take care and i am sure that there are many moms here including me that you can talk to...
    chiana

Answer by chiana at 9:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• My daughter who just turned 6 last week was adopted. I adopted her from Life Time Adoptions, I can not believe that I can not remember what state that they are located in.

Adoption can be a roller coaster ride for all involved. I feel that everyone involved in the adoption should have counseling. I know that when I started my adoption process, I did not realize what was ahead.

I am not saying that it is a bad choice, it is your choice.

There are different types of adoption...Open adoption is what I have. Let you fingers do the searching for you to educate yourself. Good luck to you

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Adoption is an incredibly selfless act, and the ultimate act of love for a child.

http://www.cradle.org/

Answer by rkoloms at 9:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Think it over very carefully... I agree that if it's something like a financial situation, you shouldn't do it. Kids don't need money to be happy, they need love. If you don't feel like you can love and support your child then yes... You should find someone who will. I would get with the hospital you're planning on delivering at. They should have some resources available for you.

Just be very sure this is what you want to do. This is your child... And he or she deserves to be loved.
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 10:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• The only reason for adoption is a rape! God gave you that child as a gift, and to just throw it away? Make better choices then this delemma would not be yours to carry!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2010