How often do you take your toddler(s) to the park/playground?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Not as often as I should. But the park around here only has a slide and one toddler swing. The rest is geared for children above the age of 12, so it's not really fun for him. He enjoys playing in our yard a lot more. The only reason we do stop at the park is when we're on our long walks. It's nice for him to get out of the stroller and run around. Although, it's terror getting him back in to go home. Ha!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• everyday it is nice out :). I have two older kids so i have too..lol
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• well since im home all day, i usually always take my son to do something, we either go swimming at my dads house, or go for a walk and to the park, or when my SO has off we might go to the mall of something. i would say i do this atleast 5 days a week, maybe for 4 some weeks depending on how im feeling, and depending on the weather.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Very rarely. Our own back yard is much safer and just as fun...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• ooh! all the time! I love it! there are a lot of stupid people there though so daddy is pretty skeptical about going. there's always some brat that shoves our kid or tries to hit him. my son is not a pansy at all, but we don't hit in our house so that's his first interaction with it. if he lays a kid out that touches him wrong, I'm not sure I'm gonna chastise him for it. being picked on and allowing it is not a way to live.
    Anonymous

• well since SO has been usng my car to work, not in a long time. But when I had my car, I took him almost every day depending on the weather
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• i try to a few days a week
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Every day it's nice practically. I work part of the time and my husband, too, but the girls love being outside, so we really try to listen to their constant demands for the park! Sometimes we just sit and play out in the yard, but we have a park a block away that's decent and another we drive to if we feel like a picnic.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:14 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Maybe once or twice a month. We have five acres in the woods, a ton of outside toys and a swingset, and I have four kids. What can the park offer that home doesn't? ;)
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 10:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• A few times a month to an actual park, but we go to a playgroup that has indoor playground equipment 2 times a week. When the weather is nice, we go out more often, but here it tends to rain a lot in the summer and its too cold in the winter.
    Kadensmommy321

Answer by Kadensmommy321 at 3:05 AM on Jun. 9, 2010