late on my period and so many pregnancy tests, but still negative so confused....

My last cycle was 5/6/10 and i still have not started my period. I'm pretty irregular anywhere between starting on day 26 to 29. I'm on day 34 now, and I wasn't this late for my 1st pregnancy. So i've taken at least 5 tests and nothing. I'm just getting so confused and frustrated. My boobs hurt all over, and im nauseated a lot through out the day, tired ect. I just don't know what to do, any advise??? I'm tempted to call my doctor and talking to them and see what they have to say.....

sweetpea0614

Asked by sweetpea0614 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Go get a blood test. I was a month late with my daughter and the test still showed negative. I had to get a blood test for confirmation then a sonogram which showed I was 8 weeks.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• thats what im wondering thanks, did it cost a whole lot to get a blood test done?? I just cant stop thinking about it
    sweetpea0614

Answer by sweetpea0614 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I would also get a blood test. I'm also practically ready to get one and I'm only 2 days late with one negative test but I just feel like I'm pregnant (I'm sure I"ll eventually be overjoyed, but I would call this one at least an "inconveniently-timed" pregnancy, not to mention an unlikely one based on lack of bedroom recreation). My tests in the past have been positive the day my period was due, but I know a lot of people who have negative HPTs for weeks... GL
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Late periods can have various reasons.
    Change in eating habits, yes this needs to be more drastic for it to have an effect on your cycle.
    Mild to drastic change in your sleeping cycle or habits.
    Stress.
    Illness.
    Your cycle changed. Yes that can happen randomly even if your cycle was previously calculated down to the second.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I was 12 days late once and I was on an IUD. I called the doc and explained that I'm never late and I had a negative pregnancy test. She had me in that day and had the results, which was negative, the next morning. Good luck!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:41 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• "one in four women misread a pregnancy test stick"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I know that 4 in 1 women misread a pregnancy test stick, thanks :) And thanks everyone for all the advise, but now i started my period today 35 days later which sucks and puts me in a tad mood. And its not like my usual periods, just more cramping. I have no idea whats going on with my body, its just frustrating :( Thanks again everyone :)
    sweetpea0614

Answer by sweetpea0614 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2010