Ever get a song stuck in your head?

I have been singing Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy".

"But it wasn't because I didn't know enough, I just knew too much"

"Ha, ha, ha bless your soul, you really think you're in control?"

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 9:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• When you can hear a song in your head, it's a sign of musical intelligence. It's called audiation, and it's a difficult thing to teach. You must have had a decent music teacher in your past, or a family that made/ listened to music. :-)
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 10:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• ya but it's usually from a disney movie.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• thanks a lot. You just engrained that song into my head. It's catchy...that's why they stick! lol
    Anonymous

• I got the theme to Thomas The Tank Engine stuck in my head and found myself humming it at work! How embarrassing!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I don't know that one. I grew up on Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. My daughter had this thing for "Strawberry Shortcake" and my son had "Barney". When I have a really bad headache I watch the Tellitubbies. Completely meaningless stuff.
    Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 9:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• lol yes but im the type of person that will song the song over and over until its out of my head hmm the song Im lovin right now is..knock out with lil wayne and nicki minaj
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 9:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Oh yes. My sister was just singing the "One, two, three, four" song that was on yesterday's Seasme Street. I can't remember the guest singer who was singing it, but it was really catchy. "Whoa oh oh counting to four. Whoa oh oh let's count some more." Crazy, but that's why they do that .. the catchy songs are the ones that hit the charts. Because if you remember it, you listen to it, if you listen to it you'll buy it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I also dance around the house to "Pump It" by The Blackeyed Peas.
    Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 10:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• LOL-YES! I've been singing that song by Luke Bryan, called Rain is a Good Thing:

Rain makes corn, corn makes whiskey
    Whisky makes my baby, feel a little frisky
    Back roads are boggin' up, my buddies pile in up truck
    We hunt our honeys down, we take 'em into town
    Start washing all our troubles down the drain
    Rain is a good thing
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Growing up me had a 3 tiered organ and the zillions of buttons and levers to change the tone. We also had two baby grand piano's as well as a harpsichord. My Grandfather and his brothers had a band which played in speakeasy's during Prohibition. My children also play the piano, drums,guitar, bass guitar, bagpipes, banjo, saxophone and the accordion . I never knew I had a hidden talent. Imagine that.  It wasn't till 1971 when I stopped playing with the Victrola and the tons of 78 rpm records because my Mom bought me a used stereo for my classic vinyl 33 1/3 rpm.  My first album?  The Who, American Woman.  11 years old and I had already been to Woodstock and all the other hippie stuff my much older sisters got into. 

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 11:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2010