When did you tell your boy?

we have a very open household, I intend to teach my sons anything they may want to know about sex. And it doesn't matter if they want to know at age 5 or 10. Truth is, I've heard more stories in the past 5 years about 10 year olds having sex. They NEED to know early. And the truth! I know a mom who had her period and her daughter saw the blood at age 4 and she told her she had a booboo! Really?! I'm not saying encourage them to be active, just educate. Boys will be boys. Their curiousity doesn't ever stop. Chances are they will be masturbating before age 10, and I don't want them to think that it's a horrible thing to be curious about their bodies.

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• GOOD FOR YOU MOMMA...
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• oh and the right age is any age...like when they start asking where babies come from :)
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I haven't had to go very in depth with my boys yet. The oldest is six. But I know it's coming and my opinion is- If they're old enough to ask, they're old enough to know. And you, as the parent, should be able to make it age appropriate. Kids need to be well armed with knowledge.

I have four so there's been the "where did my younger sibling come from" conversation. We kept it simple and honest. When they want to go more in depth, I'm prepared. :)
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 9:50 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I'm pretty sure the experts say that you should tell them when they ask and the truth! You should call their private parts what they are rather than calling it a wee wee or pee pee. I dunno...I'm all for telling kids the truth at whatever age they are.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• My oldest is 4, we started basic sex ed a LONG time ago! I don't know why everyone doesn't start young. If nothing else, I want them to learn from ME, and not some kid as school who's parents are willing to share more...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I agree Sabrina, and chances are the kids at school who are "educated" only got the half ass version. lol I want them to know what is going on. My son is 19 months now and we call his penis a penis. I don't see why not to
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• take it from me .. talk now My 9 yr has a "girlfriend" and I caught.. well that's it.. but you get the point.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I agree that every child should know everything they should know. That no information should be lied about, sugar coated, danced around, or left unsaid. A child needs to know, so that when it comes to making a choice they are educated. You can't make a proper choice on something you know nothing about. You can't make a right choice on something you know only lies about. You can only make proper choices on things you are full educated on. If my child wants to know at five, then she will know at five. My sister knew at five .. she told her whole class and my mom got phone calls, but she knew.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I told my child EVERYTHING I knew. He is now 14 and he knows exactly what I know. He asks questions, I answer. I refused to have him be taught by other kids at school. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• my kids are 4 and 5 1/2..... all they know for now is basic. their bodies are their own and for no one else to touch. babies are made by a mommy and a daddy who love each other...... anything that that your swimsuit covers is private.

I wont have a sex talk for awhile..... many years.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2010