Hi I'm preggo with my 4th baby & my 1st baby was c-section.I have had 2 successful vbacs but my O.B is saying that the hospital will probably push the c-section eventhough I have had 2 vbacs.This doesn't make any sense to me, have any of you had to go through this? I'm still undecided if I will stay or leave.

Smileemami

Asked by Smileemami at 9:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your choice no matter what. But be open to having a C section if something goes wrong....there's no shame in that! If the hospital allows VBACs then I say go for it! xoxox
    Anonymous

• look into birthcenter or homebirth w/ a midwife. A few friends of mine found the only way they could get their vbac was w/ homebirth. in most hospitals they will push csection. your other option is to show up pushing(so it's too late to cut you).
    Anonymous

• Anon:06 has a great point about a midwife. I simply do not understand your OB. You have had 2 sucessful VBACs, what is the problem now? Well anyway I would leave and start up with a midwife!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• You may do as you wish, VBAC there or not there.
    But why not go somewhere else anyhow, where it will be much easier and more pleasant?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I say leave and find a midwife (midwives can still attend hospital births) or an OB who is completely supportive of your VBAC choice and a hospital that is as well. If you are undecided, go meet with other healthcare professionals and hospitals and then make the decision. Good luck!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2010